Sunday, January 24, 2010

Should I Get The Lepto Shot For My Dog Can A Dog Get Leptospirosis From Pool Water?

Can a dog get Leptospirosis from pool water? - should i get the lepto shot for my dog

I turned to the pool filter a few weeks before its colder outside today, I spoke a few leaves on the pool and a few drops of water hits my bare feet. Then he turned for a few minutes and went inside. My 1 year old dog, licking my foot, but I think it was dry. I have no wild animals to urinate in the pool, because I do not have access to it (above ground pool), but maybe a bird? He was not fired because Lepto is a dachshund and side effects of the vaccine. Currently he is on everyone else, but.

3 comments:

Vet Tech ♥'s Christmas! said...

Lepto-in this case, simply passing through drinking water for your dog with infected urine. Unless, of course, wild animals to urinate in the pool are, I would not worry. The possibilities are so limited.

Sheltie Mom said...

No, I think it would be drinking too much water contaminated with urine. Shelties and Collies have the same problem with lepto and I do not understand, or I live in an environment.

Rexydobe... said...

I do not want to worry about it, chances are very small, with little contact. Not to mention, I am sure that chlorinated swimming pool?

Post a Comment